Have you ever been afraid to jump to new heights in case you miss the ledge and instead, fall into a deep abyss?
Of course you have. Having children is a challenge in itself! And if you have already started a home business then you really know what I mean! Finding the courage to do that can be overwhelming.
And what if you kept your “day” job while trying to start up your home business? Let’s be honest; giving up a primary income is tough decision but it’s almost impossible to grow a home business while going to a job five days a week.
Here are a couple of tips to help you take that (seemingly impossible) leap of faith (and succeed):
1) Have unwavering faith in yourself; be absolutely convinced that you can do what you are setting out to achieve (no matter how pie in the sky it may be!). No one needs to have faith in you but you. And behind that faith is the knowledge that you have the entire Universe and your God 100% behind you; you are never alone. I truly believe that if you have good interests at heart and belief in yourself, the universe will conspire in your favour, and you will achieve what you have set your mind on.
Faith is just taking that very first step, even when you can’t see the staircase.
2) What has prevented you in the past to take this leap: procrastination, fear (usually the stemming from the same place)? If you have a fear of failure, what is that fear based in? Not feeling good enough? If that is the case, do you have faith in your product or service? Another common place for fear to dwell is a fear of not knowing enough. Perhaps you believe in your product or service, but not sure how to create awareness of your product. Identify where your fear stems from.
3) What do you need to learn to succeed in your jump? Fear often stems from either a lack of faith or a lack of knowledge, so what do you need to learn? This need not be a full university course, but perhaps learning how to do email marketing, improve your networking, or create a Facebook ad.
4) Focus on the good that will be achieved from a successful leap not on the fear and what you are leaving behind (such as a steady paycheque). You can’t reach the other side if you are looking backwards when you jump.
5) List your successes. What have you achieved in your life up until this point? Really take time to remember and you will soon surprise yourself at how capable you really are!
6) Cut ties and go! At some point you need to make that jump and the best way to do that is to “burn the boat”! Instead of keeping two doors open, mulling over which one to choose, and never making progress through either door, shut one door and focus all of your energy on making a success of your venture. Burning the boat means you can’t turn back, you cannot give up, and ultimately that means that success is your only option. You will be surprised at what you can achieve when you believe in yourself, focus all of your energy on one point, and keep going!
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
What Leap of Faith will you take?
More Recommended Posts: